About This Course
Starting from age 5 to 11 children are taught the Cambridge curriculum. By offering Cambridge Primary, students are provided with a broad and balanced education to thrive throughout their schooling, work and life.
We offer twelve subjects that develop students’ creativity, expression and wellbeing in a variety of ways. The provided subjects are:
- English as the first language
- Italian as a foreign language
- Sinhala or Bengali (Bangla) as a foreign language
- Science & Technology
- Global Perspectives
- ICT (Information Communication Technology)
- Religion (Roman Cayholism/ Buddhism/ Islam)
- Physical Education
- The staff in our Primary School is highly competent, qualified teachers with experience of teaching.
- Our teachers make use of various creative methods and activities to display what we usually learn in the form of textbooks to allow our students to understand the working of each topic thoroughly.
- At the end of each three terms, we assessed students through the term tests.
- The First Term and the Second Term tests are arranged and evaluated by our school teachers.
- Cambridge Primary Progression Tests are given for Grades 3, 4, 5 and 6 for English, mathematics and science at the end of the Third Term in June and they are assessed by the internal teachers.
Cambridge Primary Checkpoint
- At the end of the primary programme, which is in Grade 6 Cambridge Primary Checkpoint monitors and assesses students’ individual and group performance.
- These external tests are marked by Cambridge International to give students extra confidence in the feedback received and shared with parents.